Wednesday, July 29, 2009



Wednesday, July 29

Just a quickie today. Stopped by the house last night to take a little tour. Check out the view (above) from our future dining room/kitchen/bar area. We're putting an actual garage door here - I know it sounds strange, but picture restaurant patios that open up - right outside of this area we're having an outdoor room kind of space that will be covered by the balcony above so we want to open up the entire back of the house. The door will be completely full of windows. Kinda like this:
We think the "dance floor" party area will be right in front!

The balcony above this space is going to be off our bedroom, facing the backyard. We want to put a hot tub out there for the husband and I in the winter. (Note: I used to call hot tubs "boiling vats of pee" but thanks to our friends Jane and Chris who have one, now I am addicted. But only in the winter .... nothing like it outside with the snow falling down on our heads.)

Anyway, the husband says this balcony seems much larger than we originally thought and I am supposed to check it out so we can figure out what we want to do with it. The problem is that there are no stairs to the second floor yet, only a very tall ladder. (Ceilings are 10ft, so the ladder is longer than ordinary ones). When I visit the house, I am usually straight from work, wearing some kind of stupid shoes that do not facilitate ladder climbing. Last night my shoes were better, but I couldn't do it. I was by myself and got about 3/4 of the way up - and realized there was no way I was getting down on my own. No one holding the ladder for me! With some degree of shame, I climbed down, defeated. Will have to try again when I have some assistance.


Meanwhile, Friday we order our fireplace: it's going here:



It will look like this: (I especially love the stones ....)

http://livemodern.com/forums/materialsmethods/428599942/421986479/diningroom-mqclose.jpg

It's very very humid today so it feels strange to even think about a fireplace, but I think it will be very cosy and will be visible from kitchen, dining room, desk etc.

What do you think??

Kellie

No comments:

Post a Comment